Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scrapbook Layout - You Sparkle

I really enjoyed scrapping this page of my daughter.  The photo was take at a family wedding in March of this year.  Amy was a flower girl.  As you know, I have been entrenched in Project Life recently and it was a nice change to scrap on a page more than 4" x 6" big :D (Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING crating mini scrap pages for my project life) - It was just different to embellish with larger bits and pieces :D


I had tons of fun with this page, using supplies from but not limited to - Prima, SwissGirl Designs, Paper Inklings, Kaiser Craft, Tim Holtz.


It was so much fun making this banner out of paper scraps, tags and washi tape.  I stamped on the two bigger Kaiser Craft tags using the "Dream Real Big" stamp set from SwissGirl Designs.  I really love all her stamps and one of my best things about them is that they are one of the few acrylic stamps that work well with Tim Holtz Distress Inks....


Added some acrylic elements.  The flowers are REALLY OLD Maya Road stash that I recently rediscovered during one of the many crop room clean outs I have done recently.  The heart is cut from a 2L milk bottle which i washed out, let dry and then up-cycled :D:D.  The lovely chipboard clouds are from Paper Inklings.


I recently made a huge paper purchase from Paper Inklings in Australia.  They have the most awesome rub-ons and chipboard embellishments (not to mention the totally yummy paper too).  I used the "You Sparkle" wording from the Fairy Princess rub on set.

I layered some white tissue paper under the photograph.  I have recently seen Rahel from SwissGirl Designs do this on a couple of her layouts and I love the soft feel it gave to the page...Thanks Rahel for ALWAYS inspiring me :D:D

Thanks as always for stopping by :D:D

Happy Scrappping!!!

Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment