Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PROJECT LIFE - "Week 12"

Welcome back to Project Life Tuesday.

Week 12 was Über exciting for us...It was the week school started, and we managed a quick 2 night getaway to Fujairah.  We had so many memories from the 2 nights away I decided to add a page protector dedicated to the mini vacation.  The 29th of August was also an eventful day, so I added a portion of a 4x4 page insert to hold all the pictures.

NOTE:  Picture heavy post

LEFT PAGE"




RIGHT PAGE:





Happy Day!!!  Stash from Pretty Paper Studios and a little afternoon nap with our dog, Zinga


We went to watch The Dark Knight Rises at the IMAX theatre at the Meydan hotel.It was a fantastic experience!!  I added 3 photos from the movie experience to the back of the 4x4 page insert added to hold the overflow pictures from earlier that day.  I got a lovely photo of the children cuddling in our bed, and one with daddy too.  I also decided to get my hair cut short.







Getting ready for the new school year to start.  I love new school shoes :D



Part of our mini vacation was to give the boys a chance to go SCUBA diving.  Matthew struggles to find wetsuits small enough for him from the dive centers, so we went and got him his own.  Amy needs a laptop for school in Year 3, so we got her one while we were out getting other supplies.  I added to our big purchase day by stocking up on 2 jumbo packs of Canon Selphy paper and cartridges.


Packing scrapping supplies for our mini vacation...Trying to keep it simple AND "kind of smores" made with marshmallow puff :D



For our 1 hour 45 min road trip, I made some hotdogs to go..Huge hit.  Matthew and Colin went diving as we arrived at the hotel.



Day 2 involved more diving for the boys and a lazy pool day for the girls.


MINI VACATION INSERT:

This is the front and back of the insert I added to this week to document our little holiday.






I got really snap happy with using the Hipstamatic App on my iPhone....The change in scenery between Dubai and Fujairah is so lovely


The first picture is of one of the roundabouts on the way to Al Aqah Beach in Fujairah.



We went with the boys to their dive brief for the first dive of the day.  I loved the fact that I could capture a little bit of what they were doing during the day too.  I got a photo of the dive area map as well as a picture of my two guys walking down the beach to the boat...

It was a fun filled week with school starting the day after we got back from our mini vacation....Hard to believe the kids are getting so big....

HAPPY SCRAPPING!!

Jo




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I can't find a way to message you because when I go to your profile it's all in Arabic (go figure!), but I had a question for you! I am currently living in Sharjah, but have lived in Fujairah and wondered if you can recommend where the best places are to get scrapbooking paper? I am hoping to make my daughter a dollhouse out of a bookcase and wanted to "paper" the walls but haven't had much success in finding cute paper. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladykatie86. My apologies for the late reply. I get all my scrapbooking supplies from Creative Hands. They are located in Dubai in the Green Community. You can find their site at http://creativehandsdubai.com. You are guaranteed to be greeted by friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff :D

    ReplyDelete