Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Book - Singapore

Hello all you awesome scrapers!!  

This is the first time I'm blogging on my iPad, hence the images are a bit big for the page space.  I will figure out a fix...please bear with me for this post.

Today I'd like to share my Amy Tangerine Daybook with you.  I was surprised with a trip to Singapore, to meet up with my husband.  I would under normal circumstances have made some form of travel journal from scratch, but with such short notice, I decided to buy a ready made. I picked up this beauty from Creative Hands, grabbed some Thickers and a Simple Stories paper pack and got cracking.


First order of business was to embellish up the front cover.  The word "HELLO" was p printed on the front cover, so I added The word "Singapore" using Thickers then added some embellishments from the Simple Stories paper pack.  I also pulled the ring binding apart and added some extra pages.


Above shows the first few amazing memories from The trip.


I added the photos chronologically with the various bits of ephemera picked up on the way, with journaling wherever I could squeeze it in.


I used some washi tape I picked up from one of the stores while on the trip.


All the photos were printed on my Canon Selphy printer after I cropped all of the square on my computer.  I left a white bit on the bottom of the photos to give them an "instant photo" feel which allowed for journaling.

I will continue to make my own travel albums but can definitely recommend using the store bought Daybooks for a quick fix when under a time pinch :D

Happy scrapping!!

Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment